Downland: Paintings by Anna Dillon | Poems by Jonathan Davidson
Downland is a unique collaboration celebrating the landscape of the Berkshire Downs as seen through the eyes of artist Anna Dillon and poet Jonathan Davidson. Featuring twenty paintings, this is the first extensive publication in book form of Anna Dillon’s vibrant and colourful work. The artworks are complemented by a series of poems from Jonathan Davidson inspired both by the paintings and by the landscape. Taken together they form a kind of guidebook in paintings and poetry to the most popular stretch of the Ridgeway National Trail. The book includes a map pinpointing the locations that inspired the paintings and the poems.
In advance of publication, a Subscriber Offer (UK only) is available. For £30, you will receive the following benefits:
- Your name listed in the subscriber page of the book (not obligatory)
- Copy of the book in advance of publication, signed by Anna Dillon and Jonathan Davidson
- Priority invitation to in-person launch in South Oxfordshire
- Invitation to on-line launch on Tuesday 21st May 2024
- Priority invitation for you and one friend to one of three ‘Downland Poetry Walks’ to be led by Jonathan and Anna (Saturdays 4th May, 20th July and 7th September 2024)
- Priority invitation to ‘artist studio visit’ hosted by Anna (in South Oxfordshire)
Subscriber copies will be sent by post to a UK address or may be collected at the in-person launch.
To purchase the subscriber package click on the “add to cart” button. Postage to a UK address is included in the price. Dedications can be arranged when subscribing – add your request into the notes field in the shopping basket.
The deadline for subscriptions is Monday 1st January 2024
Following publication Downland will be available through usual outlets at £16.99