Pennies on My Eyes, the latest addition to our classic poems series, is a centennial collection of Wilfred Owen’s poetry illustrated by Reading-based artists. The town made its contribution to Owen’s becoming a poet through the encouragement he received from Professor Edith Morley at the University of Reading while based in the nearby village of Dunsden. Each inspired by a work in this memorial volume, the artists offer their unique responses for this celebratory gathering of Owen’s most famous war poems, published on 4 November 2018, the 100th anniversary of the poet’s death on the Western Front at the Sambre-Oise Canal just one week before the Armistice.
Pennies on My Eyes
- is a celebration of the connection between war poet Wilfred Owen and Reading (through his time as a lay- assistant to the vicar in the nearby village of Dunsden and the encouragement he received from Professor Edith Morley at the University of Reading);
- is a collection of Owen’s poems that demonstrates how his themes transcend the cataclysm of 1914-18 and touch our modern lives;
- is illustrated by Reading’s artists to show how Owen’s words still resonate with our global experience;
- includes an afterword on the poet, by Jane Potter, author of Wilfred Owen: An Illustrated Life (2014).
For more information on Wilfred Owen and his time in Dunsden, visit the Dunsden Owen Association.
- Pennies on my eyes poems by Wilfred Owen
- Product Options
# Option Price 1 paper £9.99
- Shipping Rate: A