It is with great pleasure that Two Rivers Press republishes the results of this year’s Havant Poetry Festival Poetry Competition 2015, especially as not one but two poems by our poet, David Attwooll, are acknowledged.
If you are interested in meeting the poets and hearing them read their poems you have a chance. Come to the Havant Literary Festival Poetry Day Saturday 12th September 2015. The prize winners will be offered short readings to include their winning entry.
David Attwooll will most likely read from his new collection, The Sound Ladder. Buy a copy, follow along and have David inscribe it!
And now…without further ado….a drum roll, please!
The results as determined by the Adjudicator, Joan McGavin, for the Havant Poetry Festival Poetry Competition 2015 on the theme “Boundary” are as follows:
1st Greengrocer’s Apostrophe by David Attwooll of Oxford
2nd Untrammelled by John Foggin of Ossett, Yorkshire
3rd Buddleia by Margot Myers of Oxford
Commended poems, in no particular order:
- On the Pale by Wendy Klein of Tidmarsh, Berkshire
- Long Island Photo also by David Attwooll
- In this World and the Next by Chris Hardy of London
- Fences by Peter Daniels of London
- Boundaries by Denise Bennett of Havant
- The Family Name by Julie Mellor of Sheffield
- The Art of Mending Fences by Louise Ordish of Reading Berkshire